Today we are reviewing:
What is A Guinea Pig Pride & Prejudice?:
- Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice told through costumed Guinea Pigs.
Where can I buy A Guinea Pig Pride & Prejudice?:
- Book shops
- Usually around £2.90 on Amazon
- It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a book featuring Guinea Pigs in bonnets.
- Well, I’m a married woman in possession of no fortune and have a confession to make; despite holding a BA hons in English I have a smouldering dislike of Jane Austen.
- However, I thoroughly enjoyed this book which is fortunate since as a family we acquired no less than three copies as gifts this past Christmas.
- The book pretty much contains what you would expect, it’s Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice depicted with delightfully cute Guinea pigs.
- The Guinea pigs wear beautifully accurate regency costume (that’s not something you expect to say regularly is it?) so if animals in clothes are definitely not your thing this is one to avoid.
- The actually physical book is hardback and great quality with clear bright images.
- The book is reasonably small and would make a great stocking filler.
- This would make a wonderfully quirky gift for a Guinea Pig lover or perhaps a Jane Austen fan (apparent they exist…*tongue firmly placed in cheek*).
- Don’t get them 3 copies though.
- Overall I challenge you not to smirk at one photo in this book