The lovely people at Nature’s Own were kind enough to send the Squidgypigs a sample of their Timothy Rich 5 A Day Hay for review.
What is it?:
- Mixed hay.
- Featuring Timothy hay (you can spot the cattails)…
- …and also pumpkin, sweet peppers, beetroot, mint and marigold.
- Eat it
- Sleep on it
- Play in it
Where to buy?:
- Online at Nature’s Own.
- The Range often stocks this.
- Local independent pet shops (request it if not already stocked).
- When you break open a bag of 5 a Day you are met with the lovely aroma of hay with the added sweetness of the various natural plant additions.
- It’s a little bit like having a beautiful natural air freshener in the room.
- As a natural product I wondered if the distribution of the added extras throughout the bag of hay was going to be unpredictable, but I need not have worried as there was a very good representative of flowers. It’s really lovely.
- As you can see from the above video the Squidgypigs loved having their hay kitchens filled with 5 a Day Hay.
- Whilst the majority of them were very happy to nibble on the delicious strands of hay; groovy granny Blondie shows them the only real way to enjoy a good meal of hay is to jump right into the middle of it!
- The Squidgypigs definitely appreciated the additions of the fruit and flowers in their hay and I would estimate that there was a good 50/50 split between the pigs that deliberately sought out the goodies and those that just indescriminately munched whatever was nearest to their mouths.
- The underlying hay is good quality though so nobody is losing out.
- With a good mix between the softer strands of meadow hay and the harsher strands of grass like Timothy every bite is helping to wear down your piggies’ ever growing teeth.
- Whether fed as a standard part of your piggies menu or a treat hay to add variety into your piggies’ diets I feel you cannot go wrong with a bag of Nature’s Own Timothy Rich 5 a Day Hay.
- Nutritionally sound with good quality hay to keep your piggies’ teeth in good condition and with the added natural goodies of pumpkin, sweet peppers, beetroot, mint and marigold even the fussiest of fussypigs should feel that you have added a bit of a treat and excitement into their hay time meal.
- Very yummy stuff!
Please note: Nature’s Own sent us this Guinea Pig Food to review. If you would like to know more about Nature’s Own please visit their site at: http://naturesownpets.co.uk