I often get asked what all new Guinea Pig owners need to buy.
Here is my essential supplies checklist:
- Cage (minimum 120cm by 60cm). Traditional or c&c.
- Bedding (woodshavings, paper bedding or fleeces).
- Food bowl (sturdy).
- Dry food (pellet/muesli or forage).
- Vegetables (and treat fruit).
- Water bottle (and fresh water).
- Hay rack/hay box.
- Hay (good quality, dust extracted).
- Nail/claw clippers for small pets.
- Soft brush.
- Small scissors for long haired piggies.
- Bowl for baths (and/or washing equipment).
- Box for transport (eg. Cat carrier).
- Pigloo/pig bed (somewhere to hide).
- Toys/tubes (to play with).
- Pen for garden or floor time.