Update (12/04/2018) at end of review…
Today we are reviewing the Heritage Small Animal Exercise Run.
What is the Heritage Small Animal Run?:
- A metal (zinc electroplated) Guinea Pig (or other pet) run.
- Consists of 8 panels and 8 rods to join them together.
- Can be made into a rectangle, square or octagon.
- Has a bolt latch door.
- Complete with cover!
Where can I buy the Heritage Small Animal Run?:
- The Heritage Run arrives flat packed in a strong cardboard box.
- There are no instructions but the run is easy to put together by simply placing the rods through the hooks on the panels.
- The panel and rod construction of the pen is versatile and I love that it can be made into a rectangle, square or octagon.
- Once constructed the run is a good size and fitted our 15 strong Girly Fluff herd without them getting overcrowded and stressed. A single pair of pigs would have a lovely time running zoomies around the run.
This makes me want to set up a live web cam. 💕💕💕 #Guineapig #guineapigs #cavy #cavies #guineapigstagram #cutepets #guineapigsofinstagram #pets #petstagram #smallpets #rodents #cochondinde #marsvin #cobaye #морскаясвинка #vegan #vegetarian #meerschweinchen #cavia #豚鼠 #天竺鼠 #marmot #morumotto #cuy #guineapigherd #conejillodeindias #instapets #garden Squidgypawtners: @ellasmarsvin @nutsandchips @hydra0608 @jemsguineas @mummy_gpig @haypigs
- The cover is half mesh and half opaque material. This functions as both a sunshade and also as a lid keeping out undesirables and light showers of rain.
- It’s probably not going to keep out a determined hungry fox but should give an opportunistic cat or bird of prey a challenge.
- Personally we do not leave the Squidgypigs unsupervised so it’s not a huge concern for us. However the cover is easy to set up and works well.
- By pushing down on the rods you can drive them into the ground adding further stability and security. This is particularly useful if your garden is on a slope or unlevel ground.
- There is a door on the pen which big enough for an adult to lean easily through to pick up pigs, or for a child to climb completely through. The bolted lock is simple but effective. We have had no escapigs!
Slincypig just chilling. 🌳🌳🌳 #Guineapig #guineapigs #cavy #cavies #guineapigstagram #cutepets #guineapigsofinstagram #pets #petstagram #smallpets #rodents #cochondinde #marsvin #cobaye #морскаясвинка #vegan #vegetarian #meerschweinchen #cavia #豚鼠 #天竺鼠 #marmot #morumotto #cuy #guineapigherd #conejillodeindias #instapets #garden 🌳🌳🌳 Squidgypawtners: @ellasmarsvin @nutsandchips @hydra0608 @jemsguineas @mummy_gpig @haypigs
- The Heritage Run has great potential for expansion by simply buying another run and joining it with the rods included. NOTE: Please see update at the end of review…
- I would also imagine you could use it as a c&c alternative inside, although taller that c&c it would make a really strong, sturdy cage for a couple of pigs.
- I absolutely LOVE our Heritage Run.
- Safe, secure and easy to construct if you need a portable small animal run the Heritage run probably has everything you need.
- Since our Squidgypig herd is now 18 strong we thought it was time that we expanded our run.
- Since our Heritage Small Animal Exercise Run has served us well as a small occasional run Heritage were a natural first choice to expand with.
- Two additional runs later and our cage is huge!
- As before the run panels slotted perfectly together to create our giant run.
- Although the covers obviously won’t now stretch over the expanse of this extended run I am considering fitting a cover on one of the corners to give the Squidgypigs a cosy corner of shade.
- As before the Squidgypigs are not left unattended so we don’t have to worry about predators.
- We are VERY pleased with our extended heritage cage! It was easy to set up and perfect for our needs.
- We may even further extend in the summer…