Today we are reviewing Nature’s Own Dried Peppermint.
What is Nature’s Own Dried Peppermint?:
- 100% Dried Peppermint.
“Dried peppermint leaves, nothing more, nothing less.
A wonderfully fragrant and tasty treat to encourage foraging fun and a great boredom reliever, add this to your animal’s usual hay and feed.
Can have a positive effect on the respiratory system.”
What can I do with Nature’s Own Dried Peppermint?:
- Feed it neat to your Guinea Pigs.
- Feed it mixed into hay.
- Hide it around your Guinea Pigs’ cage.
- Hand feed it to your Guinea Pigs.
- Make tea with it. “WHAT?!” No really…
“Can also be used as a delicious tea infusion, in a hot bath to soothe your skin and use it in the garden as a natural ant repellent.”
Where can I buy Nature’s Own Dried Peppermint?:
- £5.19 for 200g
- £10.99 for 1kg
- This smells AMAZING to me!
- Certainly one of the yummiest smelling foods I’ve ever fed to Guinea Pigs.
- …and it must smell equally as splendid to the Squidgypigs too, because every single one of them; from the elderly original Squidgypigs Blondie and Football to the recently rescued babies Yum-Yum and Chicken Glitter absolutely loved this Peppermint.
- As with the Nature’s Own Dried Dandelion; the Dried Peppermint is great on its own, in a bowl or even better eaten out of your hand to gain a nervous pig’s trust or strengthen bonds with an already loving pet.
- Similarly a handful of Nature’s Own Dried Peppermint is guaranteed to spice up even the most boring hay, making it far more palatable to even reluctant hay feeders.
- I must confess that I didn’t make tea from the Nature’s Own Dried Peppermint (too many pregnancy flashbacks-Peppermint tea is good for sickness and bloating…) but in the name of reviewing I did eat a small piece of dried leaf and can confirm it has superb flavour.
- A wonderful bag of minty fresh fun that tastes as good as it smells.
Please note: Nature’s Own sent us this bag of Peppermint to review. To find out more about Nature’s Own please visit their site at: www.naturesownpets.co.uk