Today the Squidgypigs are reviewing Burgess Excel Guinea Pig Nuggets with Blackcurrant and Oregano.
What are Burgess Excel Guinea Pig Nuggets with Blackcurrant and Oregano?:
- A grass based nugget Guinea pig food.
- Flavoured with Blackcurrant and Oregano.
- A small dark nugget
- Rather fragrant.
What can your Guinea Pig do with Burgess Excel Guinea Pig Nuggets with Blackcurrant and Oregano?:
- Eat them!
Where can I buy Burgess Excel Guinea Pig Nuggets with Blackcurrant and Oregano?:
- Any good pet shop both online and offline.
- Direct from www.burgesspetcare.com
- Grass Meal • Wheat • Lucerne • Maize • Soya Bean Hulls* • Oat Feed • Hi Pro Soya* • Peas • Wheatfeed • Unmolassed Sugar Beet Pulp • Yeast •SoyaOil* •Limestone• MonoCalciumPhosphate• DicalciumPhosphat e• Salt• ShortChainFructo-oligosaccharides(0.25%) • Blackcurrant (0.1%) • Oregano (0.06%).
- Beneficial fibre 31% • Crude Protein 17% • Crude Oils and Fats 4% • Crude Fibre 15% • Crude Ash 6.5%.
- Vitamin A (retinylacetate) 25,000iu/kg • Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 2,000iu/kg • Vitamin E (dlAlphatocopherol acetate) 155 mg/kg • Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid monophosphate) 1,050 mg/kg • Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate 28 mg/kg • Iodine (Calcium lodateanhydrous) 2.34mg/kg • Sodium Selenite 0.22mg/kg • Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate 133mg/kg • Manganous Oxide 16.1mg/kg • Zinc Oxide 139mg/kg.
- Technological Additives
Tocopherol Rich Extracts of Natural Origin (E306) 100mg/kg.
“Delicious blackcurrant for extra flavour. Oregano to alleviate stress and aid digestion”
- A standard healthy Guinea Pig diet in the UK consists of: hay, nuggets with vitamin C, fresh veg, healthy snacks and unlimited water.
- I really like that not only are these nuggets grass based, but also that Burgess emphasise the importance of hay in their suggested feeding plan.
- In addition to the high vitamin C that everybody expects in a Guinea Pig nugget; It was good to read that these nuggets have a high fibre content to help keep piggy digestive systems in great shape.
- After trialling the rather wonderful Burgess Feeding Hay earlier this week; I was delighted to discover that like their Hay counterparts these Burgess Guinea Pig Nuggets also have an easy open bag.
- To open the bag you simply lift the tag and pull across the bag. Blissfully simple.
- To my utter joy I noticed that the bag is actually resealable! This makes it probably the best Guinea Pig nugget bag…ever 😉.
- When you open the (easy to open) bag are met with a fruity yet strangely savoury aroma; I’m guessing that the oregano is responsible for this.
- The scent is definitely pleasant. Ever-so-slightly reminiscent of blackcurrant cordial, but certainly pleasant.
- Nuggets (as I’m sure you know) are designed to stop selective feeding and ensure that every mouthful contains the same nutritional goodness.
- Burgess Excel Nuggets with Blackcurrant and Oregano are a small, dark nugget.
- Their small size appears to be a good palatable dimension for all of the Squidgypigs and after feeding there doesn’t seem to be any of the dust and crumbs that you sometimes get with some larger nuggets.
- Burgess recommend feeding “an egg cup” sized portion per pig, per day. Which is a great way of visualising a relatively small amount of nuggets.
- This means a 2kg bag would last quite a while.
- The Squidgypigs universally loved them the very first time they encountered them, this is perhaps the greatest compliment a Guinea Pig can give.
- Definitely a very popular nugget!
- The Squidgypigs definitely seemed to enjoy these unusually flavoured nuggets.
- I liked the fact the Burgess Excel Blackcurrant & Oregano Nuggets had a very distinct look and aroma compared with the other pellets we have reviewed.
If fruity flavours aren’t one of your Guinea Pigs’ favourite things Burgess also make a Guinea Pig Nugget with Mint:
te: Burgess sent us these nuggets to review. If you would like to know more about Burgess you can visit their site at Burgesspetcare.com