Today we are reviewing Burgess Excel Feeding Hay with Marigold and Dandelion.
What is Burgess Excel Feeding Hay with Marigold and Dandelion?:
- A quality Timothy Feeding Hay.
- With added Dandelion and Marigold.
- Barn dried and dust extracted.
What can you do with Burgess Excel Feeding Hay with Marigold and Dandelion?:
- Feed it to your Guinea Pigs or other small animals in your preferred hay feeder/rack.
- Place in a small tray to encourage natural hiding and foraging behaviour (they will almost certainly also think this makes a wonderful bed).
- Hide handfuls of hay in toys and tubes (like the Haypigs! Cavy Cannonball) for boredom breaking fun.
Who are Burgess?:
- An independent, family-run British pet product business.
- One of the UKs leading pet food names.
- Catering to the top 9 UK pets including dogs, cats, rabbits, chinchillas and of course Guinea Pigs!
“Starting out as flour millers in the 17th century, the Burgess family moved into producing wholesome animal feeds in the early 1960’s.
Our in-house vet, Dr. Suzanne Moyes uses her nutritional expertise to enable us to nurture happy, healthy pets. We use only the finest natural and locally sourced ingredients for our pet food recipes.”
Where can I buy Burgess Excel Feeding Hay with Marigold and Dandelion?
- One of the first things I noticed about this hay is the easy open bag!
- Unless you are very well organised (whoops I’m sadly not) I think all piggy owners have been in the position of either trying to tear a bag of hay open with sore fingers or instead hacking away at it with whatever semi-sharp object you have near (I’m looking at you waterbottle holder…) so an easy open bag is definitely a blessing to the world of hay.
- Once I had opened the bag I was met by the wonderfully aromatic scent of quality Timothy Hay.
- Sweet, fresh and with an-ever-so-slight floral quality; this really is delightful smelling hay.
- Burgess Feeding Hay is dry and crisp with a good mix of stalks, characteristic Timothy cat-tails and softer grass.
- There is also the added bonus of yummy Dandelion and Marigold flowers.
- This variety of textures is excellent at keeping Guinea Pig’s ever-growing open-rooted teeth in good health.
- The fibre that a good quality Hay provides is also essential for digestive health.
- The hay feels clean and crisp and you know you are handling a quality product.
- I knew that the Squidgypigs would adore this hay the moment I opened the bag.
- They really swarmed it and sat busily munching for quite some time.
View this post on Instagram
Our girly herd enjoying some @burgesspetcare Feeding Hay with Dandelion and Marigold. #Guineapig #guineapigs #cavy #cavies #guineapigstagram #cutepets #guineapigsofinstagram #pets #petstagram #smallpets #rodents #cochondinde #marsvin #cobaye #морскаясвинка #vegan #vegetarian #meerschweinchen #cavia #豚鼠 #天竺鼠 #marmot #morumotto #cuy #guineapigherd #conejillodeindias #instapets #hay
- It was lovely to see them really passionately eat a hay, I really love seeing the herd enjoying something together as a group.
- Definitely one of the finest hays we have had the pleasure of trying.
Please Note: Burgess kindly sent us this hay, if you would like to know more about them please visit their site at BurgessPetCare.com