Today we are reviewing The Gro Company’s Gertie Guinea Pig Flat Comforter.
What is The Gro Company’s Gertie Guinea Pig Flat Comforter?:
- A comforter soft toy.
- Shaped as a Guinea Pig; complete with cabbage and carrot.
- Suitable from birth.
- Tactile and sensory features.
- Machine Washable.
- Tested and conforms to AS/NZS ISO 8124 & EN71.
- Made by The Gro Company best known for their baby ‘Grobags’.
What can your child do with it?
- Chew it.
- Cuddle it.
- Practice picking it up and dropping it down.
Where can I buy a Gertie Guinea Pig Comforter?
- 7 month old Squidgybaby was a natural top tester for the Gertie Guinea Pig Comforter.
- When given Gertie she squealed with delight and stuffed her unceremoniously into her mouth. Nom nom nom.
- Gertie Comforter is mostly made from a soft, furry, velvety polyester material that is soft and squishy to chew and satisfying for ouchy teething gums.
- Being flat Gertie is able to be handled by the very smallest of grabby hands.
- I love the fact that The Gro Company’s Gertie Guinea Pig is suitable from birth. Guinea Pig loving 4 year old Squidgygirl was born with a tooth (yes really), so this comforter would have been a perfect safe chew toy.
- In addition to Gertie’s soft ‘fur’ she also has a carrot, a cabbage (food is every piggy’s best friend afterall!) and a variety of colourful ribbon tags (because if you’re under 12 months old the best bit of any toy is the tags…well that’s what my kids reckon…). These additions are a smoother texture of fabric and add variety and interest to Gertie.
- Although aimed at babies the bright colours and different textures of Gertie mean that she could be loved by older children with sensory needs.
- In addition to being readily wipe cleanable; Gertie is fully machine washable for those moments when ‘assorted infant bodily fluid build-up’ gets too much. Ours is surviving Squidgybaby’s Gastro Esophageal Reflux and creative eating habits with ease.
- The Gro Company’s Gertie Guinea Pig Flat Comforter is soft, engaging and shaped like a Guinea pig; which is pretty much everything you want in a comforter.