Today we are reviewing the Snugglesafe Heat Pad.
What is a Snugglesafe Heat Pad?:
- A microwaveable heat disc for pets.
- Works without wires, water or batteries.
- Lasts up to 10 hours.
- 22cm x 22cm x 2.5cm
- Bite resistant.
- SGS Pet Safety tested.
- Comes with a washable, removable fleece cover (Additional Snugglesafe Covers available).
What can you do with a Snugglesafe Heat Pad?:
- Put it in a hutch to help keep outside Guinea Pigs warm.
- Give to inside Guinea Pigs to keep them warm and snuggly.
- Place under outside water bowls to help stop freezing.
- Give to sick or elderly piggies to help maintain body temperature.
- Provide comfort by giving to recently bereaved piggies .
Where can you buy a Snugglesafe Heat Pad?:
- Amazon (Usually has a reliably low price from Black Friday through to New Year Sales).
- Direct from Snugglesafe.
- Waitrose Pet and other supermarkets.
- Along with it’s hot weather sibling (The Snugglesafe CoolPod) The Snugglesafe Heat Pad is one of those pieces of Guinea Pig equipment that no piggy home should be without.
- The Snugglesafe Heat Pad is simple to prepare, ready in minutes and simple to use for long lasting results.
- As an experiment I warmed up a Snugglesafe and sat with it for an evening. After 8 hours of intermittent use it was still quite warm so I think the 10 hour claim is definitely achievable.
- The inner disc is surprisingly hard and rigid, I thought this may mean that some really fussy pigs may require another blanket over the top, but none of the Squidgypigs have had a problem, the fleecy cover has been sufficient.
- The inner disc is easily wiped clean and the fleece cover is easily removable for washing.
- As mentioned above; as well as providing warmth for a Guinea Pig, the Heat Pad could also be used below outside piggies’ food and water bowls to ensure that water doesn’t freeze.
- Additional SnuggleSafe Fleece Covers are available should you wish to rotate covers for ease of washing.
- I’m currently using one for our hospital cage housing Morag and Blondie who are currently going through a rough time recovering from mites and ringworm.
View this post on Instagram
Nom… nom… nomnomnomnomnom nom. #Guineapig #guineapigs #cavy #cavies #guineapigstagram #cutepets #guineapigsofinstagram #pets #petstagram #smallpets #rodents #cochondinde #marsvin #cobaye #морскаясвинка #vegan #vegetarian #meerschweinchen #cavia #豚鼠 #天竺鼠 #marmot #morumotto #cuy #guineapigherd #conejillodeindias #instapets #nom Squidgypawtners: @ellasmarsvin @nutsandchips @hydra0608 @jemsguineas @mummy_gpig @haypigs @thepiggiepile
- Whether you have outside Guinea Pigs that you need to keep warm, sick piggies you need to perk up or simply want to keep your inside piggies snuggly; the Snugglesafe Heat Pad is a wonderfully versatile piece of piggy kit that every Guinea Pig owner should own.
- You should definitely grab one whilst they’re cheap in the sales over Black Friday/Christmas/New Year.