Today we are reviewing the Rosewood Naturals Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest.
What is it?:
- A tightly woven hay ball.
- 15cm diameter.
- Stuffed with hay, dandelion and marigold petals.
- Woven with no wires or glue.
- Complete with holes for pet to climb inside (or pull out the hay).
What can your pet do with it?:
- Eat the ball.
- Eat the stuffing (hay and flowers).
- Chew the ball.
- Roll the ball around.
- Climb in the ball.
Who makes it?:
- The Roll ‘n’ Nest is made by Rosewood and is part of their Naturals Range.
- Based in the UK Rosewood are a leading name in pet products and sell their products globally.
- Rosewood Naturals are celebrating their 10th birthday this year and were lovely enough to send us a Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest to review.
- You can visit their site at www.rosewoodpet.com
Where can you buy it?:
- You can buy the Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest at all good local pet shops.
- Online at retailers such as Dee Millen or The Hay Experts.
- Some good garden centres.
- As a new product if your local pet shop doesn’t currently stock the Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest they should be happy to order one.
- The Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest retails at £6.99
- Chewing and eating any part of the Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest has both nutritional and dental benefits.
- It supports your Guinea Pig’s requirements for both a good source of hay and also the chewing action helps keep their ever-growing teeth in check.
- As with all of the Rosewood Naturals range the Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest had a lovely wholesome smell to it.
- The ball part was tightly woven and was sturdy enough to stand up to a considerable amount of abuse from the Squidgypigs.
- The stuffing was long strands of sweet green hay, mixed with dried dandelion and marigold.
- There was a solid amount of hay stuffed into the ball and a good scattering of flowers.
- Unsurprisingly the Squidgypigs adored the long strands of hay and thought the flowers and even the ball itself was quite the treat.
- As with the Stack ‘n’ Hide Den it’s really nice and reassuring that Rosewood have created these products without any wires or glue.
- I really appreciate how Rosewood have really considered pet safety.
- As you can see in the below video the nest definitely rolls and the Squidgypigs made the most of its spherical form by pushing it around their cage in their pursuit of the hay inside.
- This is of course good exercise, boredom breaking and amusing for any humans that happen to be watching.
- As with the Veg Patch Sackaroo you could very easily refill the Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest once the hay and flowers were eaten.
- I honestly never saw anyone interested in nesting in the Roll ‘n’ Nest but as I’ve mentioned in previous posts nesting spots in the (12 member) Girly Fluff herd is hotly contested. I would imagine some piggies would love the appeal of a edible bed!
- This was a fun product made from quality ingredients with good consideration for the safety of Guinea Pigs.
- Watching the Squidgypigs roll the Roll ‘n’ Nest around trying to steal bites was really quite hilarious.
Have you tried the Dandelion Roll ‘n’ Nest ? Did your Guinea Pig enjoy it? Let me know in the comments section below.
Squidgypigs – Guinea Pig Product Reviews.